Loving Simple Living is the blog where I tracked our family’s journey over the past 4 years.
- We went from owning a 2000 square foot house that was full of things to living out of a few suitcases.
- We went from running our own construction company to volunteering full-time for as a non-profit.
- I went from not being sure how to educate our kids to loving homeschooling and publishing 2 books about how to do it.
- I went from being stressed and unsure of my salvation and place on earth to knowing I am loved and accepted by God and understanding that knowing this is enough.
If I can say anything from what I have learned over the past few years it is this – Live your own life!
Don’t let anything get in the way – fear, insecurities, expectations, doubt, habits, regrets, or anything else. Don’t live my life. Don’t live any one else’s life you admire. Take time to figure out who you are and what makes you tick – what makes you happy and what you can give to the world.
My most updated information, family adventures, and writing is at sharingdots.org. I created the new site because the content is more related to our travels and humanitarian work than it is to Simple Living. If your interested, I would love to see you at our new site as well!
New to Loving Simple Living?
I am so glad you’re here! Consider yourself fully welcomed and free to come back often.
- To know more about who I/we are and a bit of our simple journey check out the About Page
- Want to know what we owned in America? – Minimalist Living – What We Own
- Want to know what we own now? What we Own … now that we are traveling
- Want to know what it is like for kids in a 1 bedroom apt? – Minimalist Kids and New Small Spaces
- Quick tips to start simplifying – Start Decluttering With 5 Simple Steps
- To get an idea of the meaning of all this – What Is Minimalism?
I still feel new to minimalism, but as a family, we have been practicing it for about 3 years now. I am so excited with the difference these choices have made to our family and I would love to help share them.
- Simple Living – 30 days to less stuff and more life is in the hands of over 100,000 people and has great reviews.
- Traditionally published through Skyhorse Publishing – The Simple Living Handbook: Discover the Joy of a De-Cluttered Life
- You Can Do It Too – 25 Homeschool Families Share Their Stories
- The Homeschool Handbook coming August 2014 through Skyhorse Publishing
- Interviewed on The Sunday Night program on KSBJ December 30, 2012
- Speaker at the Womens Expo 2013 in Lincoln, NE
- From Fatigue to Fabulous May 6-10, 2013
- Women’s retreat speaker in Taiwan Aug 2013
- A Sarpy Family Downsizes to Live Larger – Omaha World Herald
- Simple Living – Tips from a Minimalist – She Knows Living
- Meet back-to-the-basics Bloggers – Daily Telegraph (Newspaper in Sydney)
- Declutter Your Home, Shift Your Thinking – Midway Simplicity
- Life Cycle of a Minimalist on Becoming Minimalist.com
- Embracing Commitment for Lasting Change on Becoming Minimalist.com
- Simplicity In Action: Lorilee on Be More With Less.com
- Living a Minimalist Way – An Interview on Married With Luggage.com
- Omaha World Herald December 2009 – This was before we started simplifying and deals with intentional spending of money
You can reach me at lovingsimpleliving (at) gmail (dot) com