“I am living a good life. I focus my life on the things that matter and don’t fill my life with irrelevant clutter. I live the life of love and of adventure. I enjoy every moment. My life echo’s in the world and will continue long after I am gone. I have no regrets. Because I don’t live my life based on the voices of other people. I follow my heart.”
This was a quote from the first secret.
The second secret in ’The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die’ by Dr. John Izzo is risk more.
This is huge for me. I am much better at reflecting and analyzing than I am at risking. I am terrified of failure, mostly in what other people think of me. Just this evening I was talking to my husband about this blog. I am really scared that I will come across as preachy, as snobbish, or just crazy. I am afraid that my writing is boring. In my life I have been trying so hard to drop the mask, to simply be me. I am trying to get to know myself and to love myself. How then do I end up trying to figure out how to put a mask on my writing so people will like me. Sigh.
Why is it that I know I shouldn’t run my life by fear, but find it so easy? How can I risk more? What am I really afraid of? Why does it feel like a constant fight to practice ‘intentional living’. To live the way I want instead of the way that I fall into.
- These are some of the quote I really liked:
- The greatest risk we can take is the risk to be myself.
- The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today
- You can’t guarantee success but you can guarantee failure.
- If you never ask, the answer is always ‘no’.
- The most important steps in our lives are taken after our setbacks.
- Playing to win, not playing ‘not to loose‘.
I love intentional living stuff. I could watch and read this stuff all the time. There is so much hope all through it.
Follow more of my posts.
9 days till vacation.