Welcome to week 2 of Super Simple Suppers. Can’t have simple living without simple eating. Meals are vegan, cheap, and simple to make. This is part 2 of a 20 week long series posting every Thursday.
Seitan and Potatoes
Seitan I make up 4 batches at a time and freeze it so I can use it in lots of different recipes as a meat substitute. I will have more recipes that use it in the coming months.
- Seitan is fried with a bit of oil. It is good served with ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Mashed potatoes are boiled, drained and then mashed with water, olive oil, and salt. (olive oil helps give it a cream texture and great flavor.
- Frozen peas boiled
Pretty simple stuff this week 🙂
Variations could be
- breading seitan before frying
- cubed potatoes or fries (oven or deep-fryer)
- any vegetable or salad side
- grilling seitan, potatoes and other veggies.
For more recipes, check out my recipes page!