Yum! If you are new here this week “Welcome”! This week has been crazy, fun, and exciting with the book release for 321-Stop.
Here at Loving Simple Living we talk about food on Thursdays. Specifically food that requires simple preparation, minimal kitchen tools, and is a vegan recipes. Don’t let the word vegan scare you 🙂 We are simple here, all about minimalist simple living, and I am not here to convince you to go totally vegan. I am frustrated by the idea that people have to live on two drastic sides of eating meat and animal products for every meal or people who refuse to touch anything with any animal product in it. The first group is loosing the health and environmental benefit of less animal product and the second group often make it a stressor. So, I feature vegan meal ideas for more health and less stress 🙂 Try and fit some of these vegan meal ideas into your week and I would love to hear of more that you might know of. Personally, I am a vegetarian wanna be vegan but there are many steps and stages between the two extremes.
So on to the chili recipe.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups dried beans of 2-3 cans canned beans. I used pinto, but you can use a combo if you want. I like half pinto half black sometimes.
- 3-4 cups ground seitan patties
- 2 tbsp of canola oil (or other med to high heat oil)
- Chili pepper to taste (I like about 1 tbsp)
- Cayenne pepper to taste (love this stuff too)
- 14 oz of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients (onion diced, or a few tsp of dried basil or cilantro)
Cook beans if using dried (rinse, soak 8 hours, rinse, and cook on low till soft). Heat oil in skillet. Add ground seitan and fry until it starts to brown. Depending on your pan you might need more or less oil. More oil will give it more of a meaty texture and taste. Mix in the rest of ingredients and simmer for a 5-10 minutes to mix the flavors. Serve with corn chips. Enjoy!
Update on 321-Stop:
Released yesterday with the help of so many amazing people. Thank-you!
Giveaways that started yesterday:
- Raising Memories
- The Things I Love Most
- Overcoming Busy
- Townsend House
- Minimalist Mommi