April 26, 2012 in Vegan Simple Eating Recipes
Welcome to Super Simple Suppers. Every Thursday I share a vegan recipe that can be made with a simple kitchen. I do all my cooking in a tiny apartment kitchen with just a few cupboards and minimal counter space. There are times I wish it was bigger, but I like how it keeps me cleaning as I go so I never end up with a huge kitchen mess at the end of the day.
Today we are doing a vegan fried rice. Quantities can be modified to your taste, this is just what I recommend.
- 6 oz firm tofu crumbled
- 1 tbsp oil (I use canola)
- 1 cup cooked rice (I typically use a brown variety)
- 1 small head broccoli chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- liberal sprinkling of soy sauce (you can also use Bragg Liquid Amino – 32 oz – Liquid for a low sodium option)
Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add tofu and cook till it starts to brown. Add other ingredients with soy sauce to taste. Cook until broccoli gets to desired consistency. Enjoy warm.