Welcome to Simple Challenge. I just planned out challenges for the rest of the year last night and I am excited 🙂
So the No Spend week was harder than I thought. I hadn’t done any grocery shopping for the week because we were going camping… and I could only plan so far. We got back Sunday afternoon to empty cupboards and with only a half gallon of gas. On top of that my husband REALLY wanted to order a new pair of glasses because his were really scratched. (he threw his last good pair out the window. He turned around and stopped to go get them, but just before he was able to run into oncoming traffic someone ran over them…or such is the story he told me).
- I did some google-ing and found a ‘home remedy’ for scratched glasses – Turtle Car Wax. Price $4.28 (but probably a couple hundred in savings based on past glasses buying experience). They didn’t remove the scratches completely, but he is happy with the result.
- We also got 2 gallons of gas to go through the week. Price $8.12
- Monday I had to do a load of laundry because everything smelled like smoke. Price $2.75
- I posted about the Barlow Family Benefit and thought I really needed to get the bundle, for a good cause, and because I was asking my readers to. Price $5.00
- Wednesday I drove my kids half-way across town for a church program only to forget my phone. I had to drive all the way back home to get my phone using my precious gas for the week. I also returned a shirt I bought last week for Bryon. Price (6.41).
- The rest of the week we managed to not spend anything else. …food had to get creative by the end of the week but it was great to get the cupboards cleaned out.
Total = 13.74
My husband ended up gone for the whole week with work so he ended up spending a bunch on travel expenses but for the three of us we made it work.
It was good to have the reminder of all the other times during the week I would have either spent gas or money. It would be fun to do a month sometime 🙂
Okay, ready for this weeks Challenge?
Pretty easy, can you find something (big or small) that you don’t need anymore that you could sell?