February 25, 2013 in Simple Living Weekly Challenges
Image: by antpkr FreeDigitalPhotos.net
You are now 8 weeks into the year, and if you have been doing the simple living challenges, you are 8 weeks into a simple year!
You have been decluttering, selling, organizing, learning, and growing your way toward your dream house and life.
There are 3 things to do this week.
Simple Living Challenge #4 includes:
- Looking back – How far have you come? Where were you 8 weeks ago? Where were you before you started simplifying (whenever that was)?
- Look forward – Based on where you were and what you have been doing, where do you want to be a month from now? or 6 months from now. Has your vision of simple living changed? What about the growth areas? Are you able to focus more on them now?
- Enjoy the present – During transition it is sometimes hard to focus on the present. Maybe you still have lots of your home and life that you want to simplify. It might seem strange to try and plan and focus on enjoying the present in the same week but It is possible. Spend some time thinking and planning, put it on paper, and spend the rest of the week spending as much ‘mental time’ in the present as possible.
What are you thankful for this week?
- Are you content? What would help you be content where you are? (this doesn’t mean you aren’t working for change, it means you are happy with the change you are making and happy with where you are on the road of life)
- Are you happy? Can you remove or add from your week to add to your happiness?
What relationships do you really want to focus on this week?
Call it a vacation week, a planning week, or a emotional decluttering week depending on where you are at and what you need most.
I really struggle with contentment and taking some time to intentionally focus on the present has helped me with that.
I would love to hear what you are up to, let me know in the comments.