July 21, 2011 in Vegan Simple Eating Recipes
My dad made this salad when we came up to visit him a week ago. It was fabulous, so I wanted to share it. Salad can be a meal, but it has to be more than just iceberg lettuce and ranch. The idea with cooking shouldn’t be low fat it should be high nutrition. With high and balance nutrition, not only will the family be healthier, they will also be full till the next meal and not feel starved.
- Spinach (could also use another good deep green leaf or a combo) Tomato, Carrots, Zucchini, Yellow Peppers (could put in all kinds of other veggies, whatever is cheap and in season)
- Veggie Hot Dog slices and chick peas (protein, could also put in beans or just lots of chick peas, I love them!)
- Soy Cheese, olives (fat, could put in any cheese, nuts, olives, or flax meal. This, with the protein is what is filling and lasts so)
- Strawberries (something sweet, could be any fruit, some people do raisins or crasins, but I don’t like them in salads)
- Dressing is made from lemon juice, lime juice and olive oil (About 1 to 1 to 2 or 3 ratio). Other spices that taste really good are dill, garlic, rosemary, basil, chives or small amounts of ginger, curry. (not all at the same time)