Image: Carolyn Cole
It is terrible to hear about. It is terrible to think about. I wish it would go away if I ignore it, but it won’t.
I would like to think that if I had been alive during slavery I wouldn’t go along with it or ignore it. I would like to believe I would have fought against it. But there are more slaves in the world now than any other time in history. (source)
This is sick and wrong beyond words!
I found Love146 last week and wanted to share it with you. This is an organization that works to end child sex slavery and exploitation.
Here is a movie of what they do:
(Here is the link)
Here on Loving Simple Living I try and focus on the good being done. Just being overwhelmed and depressed by the evil in the world doesn’t help anything, but we have an awesome opportunity to make the world a better place.
We can’t fix everything, but we can do something. Lets leave the world better than we found it. (tweet this)
Could you do one more thing today to make the world better?
- Could you donate to Love146? They have 3 starts (almost a perfect score of 4) on Charity Navigator.
- Could you help spread the word about what Love146 is doing?
- Could you pray for these girls or other slaves around the world?
- Could you follow them on Twitter?
- Could you help another one of these organizations working in similar areas?
- Origin Coffee – I posted about this organization in February, I think they are so cool!
- Tiny Hands – I posted about these guys in November of last year. They are local and do great stuff.
- Equality Now – ending violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world (CN highest 4-star)
- The Center for Victims of Torture – (CN highest 4-star)
- Free the Slaves – we liberate slaves around the world and change the system that allows slavery to exist (CN highest 4-star)
What about something else?
If we keep doing one more thing every day or every week that makes the world better, and there is enough of us doing it, great things can happen!
What do you think? (if you are reading RSS join us in the comments)
Thanks so much for coming by and reading! If you haven’t already please sign up to get new simple living tips by e-mail. Also, if you have enjoyed this post and this site, please help me get the word out by sharing on social media.