Welcome back to the Simple Living Challenges!
Week 2 is a week we focus on learning and personal growth.
Lots of simple living, minimalist living, and organization is focused on the clutter (both inside out outside). It is important to de-clutter but this week is about the reason for the de-cluttering.
With all the extra stripped away, what do you want to do with your time? Who do you want to be? What do you want to give?
Simple Living Challenge #2 – Growth
You might not be as simplified in your space and time as you would like to be yet, but take a break from it this week to work on growth.
To me growth usually means reading or creating, but growth also could be:
- taking a class
- volunteering to work as an apprentice to learn more about an area
- volunteering with a charity you believe in
- spending time on your physical health with changes in food or activity
- traveling to a new area
It could be something as simple as breaking your routine and trying a new food.
Here are some book ideas:
Chris Guillebeau is one of my favorite authors. He is motivating, empowering, and just plain cool 🙂
- The Art of Non-Conformity – I read this book a year ago and I loved it. The sub-title says it all – Set your own rules, Live the life you want, and Change the World. This is my mission statement put much better .. and into less words.
- The $100 Start-up – Interested in trying to make a business out of your talents and passions? It is WAY easier than it used to be. Not easy, but it is easier and often requires much less startup cost. Chris is the sub-title king. How can you not read this book – Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future. I read this book right after it came out last May.. I may have bought it the day it came out. I was really excited about it 🙂
What can you learn this week? Where can you grow?
Maybe it is simple like a book, writing a story, working on a musical piece or a painting? Maybe it is professional? Maybe it is very personal?