Image: by antpkr FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Today marks a pretty important milestone in the Simple Living Challenges – this is the end of 6 months! Half a year of simple living challenges.
If you have been with me for the whole 6 months I would love to hear about it!
Week 4, celebrating the end of half a year, needs to be a fun week!
Whether you have been simplifying for 6+ months, 2-3 months, or this is the first time to find this blog you can join us this week in celebrating simple living!
How you celebrate is up to you, but here are some ideas:
- Throw a party at home, now that the place has less material things there is room for more people
- Plan a picnic with friends and make use of public spaces for entertainment
- Buy some flowers for the table – a great way to spoil yourself with something bright that will not add to your belongings or cost very much
- Curl up with a good book and chocolate – my preferred method of celebrating
- Give something away you have been holding onto because it is valuable but you don’t really need it
- Calculate how much money you have earned from selling things and how much money you have saved from not purchasing – where is this money going now and how is it changing your life?
…or be creative and spoil yourself anyway you choose
But that isn’t all. This half a year finished also means there is a half a year left.
Mid-Year New Years
New Years is typically thought of as a time to change your habits and your life. But probably most of you reading are new to the blog since then. How about make this week a mid-year New Years? 6 months in and 6 months to go before the end of the year.
Do you want to simplify your life? Why? Want so tips and ideas every Monday?
Make the resolution to join in for the second half of the year.
The Simple Living Challenges focuses in 4 areas, one for each week of the month:
- Week 1 – getting things out of the house, giving things away or cleaning out trash
- Week 2 – focusing on personal growth
- Week 3 – organizing or selling things with more value
- Week 4 – celebrating, refocusing, resting, and recommitting
Want to make sure you receive each post? Sign up with your e-mail and get them sent right to your inbox (2-3 times a week).
Know anyone else who would benefit from the Simple Living Challenges? Pass on the link or share the post. Now is a great time to join in 🙂
Thanks again so much for reading!